Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Jamaica Research

 I am choosing this island because it is a great vacation place for everyone. Although a lot of people say it is a great place there are some things about the island that isn't the best. There is a number of crimes that have been going on for many years now. It is known to be the world's third most dangerous place for women to travel to. Ever since 2018, murder rates have increased by 3.4%. Jamaica has had some of the world's highest murder rates for a couple years now. And is still a huge issue. Because of these crimes unemployment has been been a major problem on the island. It all starts with growing up as a child there. If children run with the wrong crowd and not having good parents in their lives it'll most likely lead to drugs and crime. Uneducated kids also end up being a problem and would lead to the wrong path. I want to do more research on these people I don't want people to think Jamaica is so bad even though there a major problems on the island people are finding ways to make it a better place. It will take some time to fix but it defiantly can be done. The reason this topic interests me the most is that I've never witnessed any sort of crime all the times I've visited and it just blows my mind about all the stories I hear about the crimes going on, but when I go it seems like the most peaceful place on the planet like nothing there can go wrong.




1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to visit Jamaica but the information in your post has me reconsidering my destination vacation. I like the picture you incorporated but I feel as though this post could have benefited from more, positive information about the island in addition to the useful information that you included.

    ReplyDelete

Essay intro

Going back into Jamaican history music was and still is a very important part of the culture. The music made in Jamaica is called reggae mus...